Are you missing the closeness you used to have with your partner?
Relationships are easy in the beginning. You talk for hours. You have fun together. Even the most ordinary tasks seem fun and exciting when you do them together. Your partner really “gets” you.
Over time, the bloom can fade.
Poor communication. Pointless arguments. Broken trust. Disconnection.
You may wonder what happened to the closeness you started with. Maybe your partner has told you “I love you, but I’m not in love with you.” Maybe you have said this yourself.
Unfortunately, few of us got training in the skills necessary to sustain a healthy relationship. Many people feel discouraged, hopeless, and confused with relationship problems. It can seem like the only way to end the pain is to end the relationship.
Sometimes ending the relationship is the best answer for everyone. But sometimes the pain means you are moving to a deeper level in your relationship. Couples therapy can help you figure out which is the right path for you.
Most couples wait far too long before they seek help. Unfortunately, the longer issues drag on, the more entrenched the problem and the more difficult they are to solve.
Please don’t wait until it is too late.
Couples counseling can teach you how to break the negative patterns that are keeping you stuck and rebuild a loving connection:
- improve communication
- rebuild trust, even after a physical or emotional affair
- learn to resolve arguments and ‘fight fair’
- re-energize your sexual connection
- work as a parenting team and address blended family issues
- premarital counselling—build skills for a lifetime of connection
- cope with life challenges such as infertility, empty nest, health problems or transition to retirement
- make healthy decisions about separation (Discernment Counselling may more helpful if one or both of your is seriously considering ending the relationship)
All couples are welcome: straight or LGBTQ, dating, engaged, married or common-law.
Relationship counselling is available in traditional weekly or bi-weekly sessions, or in an intensive retreat format of half-day or full-day sessions.
There has been a great deal of research on healthy relationships over the past 20+ years. We now know what keeps relationships strong, and even more importantly, how to get them back on track. You can have the close connection you are longing for. It is possible to repair a broken connection.
Please don’t wait one more day. Call today to start rebuilding the relationship you deserve.